University of Vinh Phuc
Vinh Yen University Campus can become an original model of smart city, a well organized towns, with a rational use of resources, high environmental standards and a prominent quality of life.
- Develop and prioritize a new campus planning concept
- Correctly position campus utilities, residential areas, services and infrastructure
- Allow a rational use of land and resources
- Plan the integration of the existing settlements, the renovation of significant vestiges and the replacement of obsolete facilities
- Assess site impact analysis, allow detailed planning costs and consider operational issues
- Show development potentials and market opportunities to the potential investors.
The layout, which recalls a “butterfly”, is based on a polycentric system interconnected by road network linking new development and existing villages. The settlements are built around natural hills which are preserved as green open spaces of the Campus.
2.000 Ha project area
Arch. Andrea Marenco
Second Prize Competition